QCNR Graduation 2024
Students graduating Summer/Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 are invited to participate in the 2024 ceremonies, which include the university commencement and the QCNR convocation. The commencement ceremony will include the traditional walk from the Quad to the Spectrum and subsequent program that includes all colleges. The college convocation, later that day, will include a reading of names of each student and a personal recognition. At convocation you will also receive a diploma cover and a professional photo.
All students wanting to participate in May 2024 events must submit an application by February 28, 2024 to the USU Registrar's Graduation page.
Caps and Gowns
Participants in ceremonies should wear authorized caps and gowns. Commencement apparel is available for purchase at the Graduation Fair in Logan, February 27-28, or on online from the USU Campus Store. Please contact us if it is a hardship for you to purchase a cap and gown.
Dee Glen Smith Spectrum
900 East 900 North, Logan, UT
Graduates who wish to participate in the processional on the Logan campus should line be lined up on the Quad by 7:50 a.m. and will proceed to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum at 8:15 a.m. The program will include the awarding of honorary degrees, announcement of university-wide faculty awards, and commencement speeches.
Daines Concert Hall
600 North 1150 East Logan, UT
All graduating students (both undergraduates and graduate students) will need to fill out an RSVP. Additional details will be added as we get closer to this date. Please watch your USU email for information.
- Processional Line Up: All graduating QCNR students (including BS, MNR, MoER, MS, and PhD) should meet outside the Visual Fine Arts building in the Jibson Family Courtyard by 11:30 am in regalia.
- The QCNR Convocation will begin at noon in the Newel and Jean Daines Concert Hall on the USU Logan campus.
- Graduate names will be read and you will walk on stage to receive your diploma cover. Candidates for master's and doctoral degrees will also be recognized individually in a hooding ceremony.
- After the event, QCNR will host a social for graduates and guests in the NR atrium and patio area from 1:30-3 pm. Aggie Ice Cream and appetizers will be available.
The university commencement and all college ceremonies will also be broadcast via AggieCast for graduates and guests wishing to participate virtually. See USU Commencement for more information about attending virtually.
The university parking terraces will be open to students and their guests. For more specific details and a map, visit the links to event locations above.
We recommend visitors download the Aggie Safe App for push notifications in the case of any change of plans due to inclement weather.
Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities
For information on sign language interpreting, accessible parking, and wheelchair access, contact the Disability Resource Center at (435) 797-2444 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about graduation, please contact:
- Undergraduate Students: QCNR undergraduate advising
- Graduate Students: Department graduate program coordinators (GPCs).
- General Information: The USU Commencement website.
- Angie Peterson, Assistant to the QCNR Dean.