There are two ways to register for ICRRR workshops and courses.
- If you are a current Utah State University student, you can register for these as normal graduate courses using Banner, but you must ALSO register on the online form below.
- If you are not a Utah State University student, you only need to register through the link below, but need to pay a deposit and/or course registration fee to secure your spot. More information below.
Registration deadlines for Sediment Transport in Stream Assessment and Design are typically one to two weeks prior to the start of the course or when the course is full. The course runs July 27 - July 31, 2020.
Course Registration Fee for Non-USU Participants
The majority of participants in our workshops and courses are professionals, academics and researchers from outside Utah State University. These participants do not pay a normal tuition fee, but instead pay a course registration fee and register through the link listed above.
"Sediment Transport in Stream Assessment and Design" Course Registration: $1850* (EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: $1600 if registered and paid in full before June 1st)
Our workshop fees are based solely on recovering our costs for facility rental, field trips, course materials, course meals, instructor travel and incidental expenses. We cap total enrollment of our workshops at 25 participants to ensure effective instruction. If after the registration deadline space is available, we occasionally offer student scholarships for those experiencing financial hardship and for whom the course fee would make it impossible to participate. These scholarships only cover partial registration (to be determined based on availability of funds) and do not cover travel or lodging expenses.
Full payment of workshop fees is required to hold your place in the course. You can register at any time, but your place in the course is only guaranteed after payment is received. Course fees are due three weeks prior to the course. We accept check, purchase orders, or credit card payments processed through PayPal.
Checks should be payable to Utah State University and mailed to:
Watershed Sciences Department
5210 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322
*Please include the name of the participant on the check or on documentation sent with the check.
- In the event of course cancellation due to inability to fill the quota of 15 participants, USU will fully refund the course fee or allow you to transfer that fee toward another workshop or course. No additional losses will be covered.
- Where entry to a course is by quota, and withdrawal from the course occurs before the course commences, consideration of a refund will only be made when it is possible to re-allocate the vacancy to another applicant.
- Where withdrawal from a course is prior to the commencement of the course, an amount equal to 20% of the course fee will be kept by USU
- Where withdrawal is made after the date of commencement of the course, no refund will be made.
- Utah State University reserves the right to alter any of the arrangements for the course either before or during the program, to cancel or terminate the course or refuse any enrollment.
These courses and workshops are very popular and often over-subscribed. Preference goes to registered students and paying participants. Registration generally closes two to three weeks before the course start date. We then consider any scholarship applications. If we have not reached our 25 participant cap, we then consider applicants wishing to audit. We follow the USU audit policy, which allows USU Students, USU Employees and Senior Citizens to register to audit a course. Non-USU students can apply for 'Audit-Only Admission' to USU to become a student (view instructions), for $10. Note, that the normal tuition and fees per credit apply. Sit-Ins are not allowed.