Skip to main content

Financial Aid

Approximately 75% of graduate students at USU receive some sort of financial assistance in supporting their graduate education. This assistance comes from a variety of sources:

  • fellowships and scholarships (through the School of Graduate Studies, the student's college, or the student's department)
  • paid work in the form of assistantships
  • tuition awards are determined by colleges and departments, please contact your department for more information

Although graduate students are not eligible for federal tuition grants (such as the Pell Grant), they are eligible for federal loans to cover graduate school expenses. Small grants through the Graduate Student Senate are available on a competitive basis to cover graduate student travel and research expenses, and to enhance graduate students' assistantship pay.

Additionally, USU offers health insurance to graduate students who are employed 20 hours per week through an assistantship or have received a qualifying fellowship. Students who do not have either of these can still receive this insurance by paying the full premium.

For more information please contact the appropriate department:

Marsha Bailey

Wildland Resources Staff Assistant III
Office: NR 206
Phone: (435) 797-2503

Becky Hirst

Environment and Society Staff Assistant
Office: NR 201
Phone: (435)797-3781

Brian Bailey

Watershed Sciences Staff Assistant
Office: NR 210
Phone: (435)797-2459