Skip to main content

Kettenring Wetland Ecology Lab



Graduate Students and Postdocs

I am always on the lookout for good potential graduate students at the Masters or Ph.D. level, as well as postdocs, as funding opportunities become available.  If you have interests in wetland plant ecology, invasive species ecology and management, or wetland restoration, please contact me (karin.kettenring [at]  I will encourage students who are a good fit for my lab to work with me to identify potential sources of graduate student or postdoctoral funding.  I will often have potential students apply for an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (due early November each year) if other sources of funding are not available.

Graduate students may receive their degrees either through the Department of Watershed Sciences or the Ecology Center.  Students are expected to meet the minimum admission requirements outlined by the School for Graduate Studies although most students greatly exceed these requirements. 

To apply, please email me your C.V., a 1-page statement of research interests, your GRE scores and GPA, and contact information for 3 references.