Apply to the Master of Natural Resources Program
The minimum requirements for admission to the MNR degree program are as follows:
- A bachelor's degree in NR-related field (Wildlife, Fisheries, Range, Forestry, Zoology, Soils, Chemistry, Geology, Agriculture, Civil Engineering) OR a non-NR related bachelor's degree with demonstrated competency in core subject matter covered in NR degrees, either by taking additional Bachelor's level courses or through documented activities and knowledge arising from job-related activities and experience.
- A minimum of three years work experience in natural resources. Examples of appropriate natural resource work experience include, but are not limited to: resource specialist, archeologist, ranger (law enforcement), forester, GIS specialist, NEPA coordinator, volunteer work, etc.
Prerequisites for MNR students: one semester of a life, physical or chemical science course (junior level or higher), preferred undergraduate statistics.
- A 3.0 or higher grade point average on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits.
- Three letters of recommendation (one needs to be from an academic source if possible).
- Statement of Purpose - Describe how your past experience and education qualifies you for the MNR program, and how the MNR degree will help you meet your future professional goals. Also, describe potential capstone project ideas you could use for this degree. Capstone project ideas - See some examples.
Please contact Melanie Conrad, email@example.com, 435.797.3375, if you have any questions about your eligibility.
Students MUST have all required materials submitted to the School of Graduate Studies on/or before the deadlines listed below:
- Fall semester July 1st
- Spring Semester November 1st
- Summer Semester March 15th
Tuition costs for the Quinney College of Natural Resources online courses is $546 per credit for out-of-state students.
Utah residents use the tuition and fee schedule on the USU website.
If you are interested in the Master of Natural Resources (MNR) we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss how we can best meet your needs.