Timpanogos Cave National Monument
Summer Park Technician Position ( 2 Positions)
The goal of the summer internship is to give an undergraduate student an opportunity to gain experience working in a collaborative effort that directly benefits the National Parks. This position will provide valuable hands-on experience to multiple aspects of the National Park.
Level of Physical Demand: The work requires some physical exertion such as hiking with a heavy backpack, walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items. The work may require crawling in caves- including dark and tight spaces while wearing a helmet and safety equipment.
- Education and Cave tour Interpretation
- Wildlife inventories
- Hydrology sampling
- Cave Inventory project
- Trail maintenance
- Park-wide natural resource maintenance
- Exotic weed removal
- Tracking visitor use data
- Assist with park programs and events
- Approximate Start/End Date: May 11 (14 weeks)
- $12.50 an hour/40 hours a week/occasional evening hours required
- Housing: Yes for 1 position
- Location: Timpanogos Cave National Monument
- Current USU QCNR student
- Must have a valid US driver's license and transportation
To Apply: Please complete the 2-step application process.
- Apply to the QCNR summer internshi program HERE.
- Send resume, cover letter and references to Cami McKinney by email, email@example.com
- Cami McKinney 801-692-5048