United States Forest Service (USFS) Timber Crew - 8 Positions
Timber Crew (8 Positions) Location Bear River Ranger Station 30 miles south of Evanston, Wyoming, Randolph Utah, Heber, Utah
This position is established to perform presale duties including timber marking, following a map and compass or GPS, and basic tree measurements.
- Selects and marks individual trees for harvest using well defined marking guidelines, silvicultural prescriptions, and specific instruction.
- Estimates individual tree volume by gathering tree measurements using established methods.
- Navigates through harvest units using a map and compass or a GPS, processes information and produces maps.
- Designates sale area and cutting unit boundaries on the ground.
- Interprets Aerial Photos and locates ground features.
- For timber cruising, serves as tally person and may operate electronic field data recorders. Assists in the measure of limiting distances, tree diameter, tree height, estimation of defect and quality, and related fundamental timber cruising procedures. Timber cruising is done under the direct supervision of a qualified timber cruiser.
- Observes and reports areas of possible archeological significance, and sightings of sensitive, threatened or endangered wildlife species.
- Participates in other aspects of resource management support work such as recreation, maintenance, silviculture, tree planting, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary: $12.50 an hour, 40 hours a week for 12 week
Location: These positions will be in Randloph, UT., Bear River, UT. and Heber, UT. Housing will be provided and overnight stay may vary depending on location of work site.
Housing: Provided: Location of overnight stay may vary depending on location of the work site. Depending on project location, lodging may be at Randolph, UT., Bear River, UT., or Heber, UT.
Closing Date: Application closing date is April 11, 2021
How to Apply: Send a resume, cover letter and reference to Tucker Sierzega, email@example.com.