Tracy Aviary Birds & Beavers
Tracy Aviary Birds & Beavers // Castores y Comunidad Intern (May - August)
Tracy Aviary’s Conservation Science Program helps conserve birds and their habitats through community science. Focusing on key local habitats and pressing regional conservation issues, our goals are to gather novel information about local avian ecology, inform habitat restoration and stewardship, and engage a diverse community in scientific data collection. In May – August 2021, we are offering an internship that will provide on-the-ground experience in conservation science. The intern will support the launch of Birds & Beavers // Castores y Comunidad, Tracy Aviary’s new bilingual community science project that explores the connections between beaver activity and bird habitat on the Jordan River.
- Support the generation of outreach and educational material to recruit participants for the project and share results to the public
- Compile and manage beaver activity data submitted by community scientists.
- Help lead bilingual (English/Spanish) weekly Beaver Walks to search for beaver activity and sign in the areas around the Jordan River Nature Center and other key locations along the Jordan River.
- Assist in other duties related to Tracy Aviary’s Conservation Science Program as needed
- Background and/or demonstrated experience in biology or ecology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with volunteers/members of the public
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Experience with data entry and analysis preferred
Salary: $12.50 an hour, 40 hours a week for 12 week
Location: Salt Lake City
Housing: Not provided
Closing Date: Application closing date is April 21, 2021
How to Apply: Send a resume, cover letter and reference to Cooper Farr, email@example.com.