USU Water Quality Extension
USU Water Quality Extension Internship (Logan, Utah)
This internship will provide experience in developing and delivering experiential outreach activities focused on water quality and aquatic ecology. The position will be located at the USU Water Quality Extension Office on USU’s campus in Logan. Training provided.
Note: Specific duties will be tailored to the skills and interests of the intern.
- Water quality outreach hands-on activities for youth of general public
- Web page management and development
- Training and support for Utah Water Watch volunteers
- Social media campaigns associated with water quality programs
- Educator training
- Online course development
- Statewide water quality outreach campaign
- Development of displays or new activities about protecting and restoring lake/stream water quality and riparian/wetland health
- Program assessment
- Background in natural resources or related and relevant field
- Experience or interest in working with youth and with community outreach and education
- Current Utah Driver’s License
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Willing to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends or evenings
Credit / Honors:
Interns may, as an option, enroll for up to 2 credits; points are also available for Honors students. Students taking credit of Honors points will work with an academic mentor and be given mutually agreed upon academic assignments to complete their internship.
Location: USU Water Quality Extension Office, JQL 150, Logan, Utah
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: March 13, 2020
Employment Dates: Flexible; beginning part-time in April and not to exceed 480 hours through the end of August.
Apply: Please send a resume (including GPA, major, relevant classes, and relevant experience), cover letter, and at least one reference to Hope Braithwaite (email@example.com) Nancy Messner (firstname.lastname@example.org).