Center for Colorado River Studies
A Workshop: Setting Watershed-Scale Priorities in Riparian Restoration
NEW DATE: September 26-27, 2017 in Grand Junction, Colorado (focus on ecosystems of the Upper Colorado River Basin)
October 24-25, 2017 at the Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch near Phoenix, Arizona (focus on ecosystems of the Lower Colorado River Basin)
Describe tools and strategies that agencies and organizations can use in deciding where to work, what to do, and how to establish appropriate and achievable goals in riparian rehabilitation and restoration.
About the Workshop:
Decades of restoration efforts in the Colorado River basin have had varying success. With conservation dollars stretched thin, increasing regional temperature and variability in rainfall, and increasing demands on surface water, it is important to prioritize where to pursue restoration and what to do. We will review restoration strategies and techniques being pursued in the Colorado River basin, and obtain participant feedback on restoration goals, strategies, and techniques. We will introduce decision-support tools useful to implement analytical prioritization strategies in order to refine prioritization tools that help workshop participants increase their effectiveness.
Jack Schmidt: Professor, Watershed Sciences, Utah State University
Mark Briggs: Conservation Scientist, World Wildlife Fund
Joe Wheaton: Professor, Watershed Sciences, Utah State University
Grand Junction, Colorado
- Tuesday, Sept. 26 at 8 a.m. to Wednesday, Sept. 27 at 4 p.m.
- @ Colorado Mesa University (Max total participants 25)
- Workshop Fee: $50
- Lodging in Grand Junction should be personally arranged.
- Some meals will be provided.
Near Phoenix, Arizona
- Check in Monday, October 23 (evening)
- Course: Tuesday, Oct. 24 at 8 a.m. to Wednesday, October 25 at 4 p.m.
- @ Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch (Max total participants 25)
- Workshop Fee: $50
- A special group rate has been arranged at the guest ranch ($150 per night double occupancy, or $175 per night single occupancy).
- All meals will be provided and are included in the lodging fee.
For information, updates, or questions, email email@example.com.