Vehicle Rental

Reserve a Vehicle

Choose CR-V or GMC Sierra Truck

Rental Calendar

Report Vehicle Mileage

Vehicle Parking Locations

Arial view of WATS vehicle parking
Vehicles are parked to the east and southeast of Motor Pool (starred locations).

USU Motor Pool is located at 900 E 1400 N, Logan, UT 84341.


There are two vehicles available for WILD faculty and student research. 

2015 Honda CR-V (45¢/mile)

Honda CR-V
2015 Honda CR-V (45¢/mile)

GMC Sierra Truck (65¢/mile)

Toyota Prius
GMC Sierra Truck (65¢/mile)


Before Your Trip

Please be sure your mandatory driver's training is up to date and that you have submitted a Travel Authorization (TA) which is required for most trips. Contact the Business Service Center for help with TAs.

Please request a gas card pin from Motor Pool (435-797-3145 or Gas cards are for that particular vehicle only; please use it and not another form of payment to fill up the vehicle (unless you did not acquire a gas pin ahead of time). Pins are good for any vehicle in the USU fleet. You must use a gas station that accepts Fleet cards. Find a gas station.

Keys are located in the WILD office NR 206, and we are open from 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday. If you anticipate traveling over the weekend, on a University closure day, or after-hours, be sure to pick up keys ahead of time.

Vehicles are parked to the east and southeast of Motor Pool in the government vehicle lots on 1400 North between 800 East and 1200 East (starred lots in image above).

On Your Trip

  1. Note odometer beginning and ending mileage. Use the Report Vehicle Mileage form (above) to submit those numbers.
  2. Any accident, however minor, must be reported to local law enforcement. A USU vehicle accident report must be filed as soon as possible following the incident.
  3. Fill up the gas tank before returning the vehicle. Gas cards are located in the center console of each vehicle and are to be used for that particular vehicle only. The Motor Pool pumps are open 24/7 and are typically cheaper than the gas stations in town.
  4. Return the vehicle to one of the lots pictured above. Leave it in better shape than you found it.
  5. Promptly return keys to the WILD office NR 206.

Please report any incidents and maintenance needs, no matter how minor, when submitting the Report Vehicle Mileage Form.